House cleaning services in the U.S. have been growing rapidly in the last few years. The pandemic has spurred this growth. It is expected to reach $40 billion in revenue by 2025. Most cleaning services are provided by independents. www.getonedesk.com/cleaning-stats
Here are a few quick cleaning ideas to help prep for the holidays.
1) If you don't have time to do a thorough cleaning, focus on the main areas where guests will be (like livingroom, diningroom, kitchen and bathrooms).
2) Focus on floors--they make the most impression.
3) Use a designated room like an office to toss the clutter if you don't have time to deal with it.
4) Use scents, like essential oil sticks, to give your home a festive, homey feel.
When winter comes, your house won't get the airing out that it does in warm weather with the windows open. So here are a few ideas to prep for your more air-tight home.
1) Wash out and disinfect all garbage, trash, and recycling receptacles.
2) Wash your shower curtain and/or liner to get that mold off it (or replace it).
3) Good time to do a heavier dusting since dust tends to build up more in winter (check those filters!). Dust ceiling fans, under couches, and behind the fridge for starters.
Here are some tips to prepare for a cleaner winter:
1) Make sure you have mats, inside and out by each outside door. Also a good idea to use slippers. Have extra pairs for guests.
2) Wash your windows. Use newspaper and a glass cleaner. This will cheer things up for the dark days ahead.
3) Change your filters (vents, furnace, stove fan). This will help keep the air in your home cleaner.